Accounting Manager Position with Wisconsin Farmers Union
Please see the position description below. Note that this position is based in Chippewa Falls, WI.
Position Title: Accounting Manager
Current Status: Negotiable (30-40 hours per week)
Summary of Responsibilities
Overview: This is a core administrative support position for Wisconsin Farmers Union (WFU) and it has primary responsibility for fulfilling bookkeeping and financial management functions of the organization, including: maintain Quickbooks system, provide for accounts receivable/accounts payable, manage payroll and fringe, provide financial reports and budgets for grants and investments, maintain employee files, support annual audit process, and other tasks as determined. Assists with IT, HR and some event operations.
Direct Supervisor: WFU Executive Director.
Full Charge Bookkeeping:
· Maintain accurate record of all financial transactions in Quickbooks
· Maintain a coherent and professional system of accounts, with a supporting filing system
· Record and pay accounts payable
· Issue invoices to and collect from customers
· Assist in maintaining and updating CampDoc, Growth Zone and other database programs with financial components
· Develop and maintain expense reporting systems and insure that employees are reimbursed and following procedure
· Maintain records and documentation of Board expenses and related benefits
· Monitor cash and revenue
· Help define bookkeeping practices and procedures for quality improvement
· Maintain employee compensation records
· Provide for payment to employees on scheduled basis
· Calculate and file applicable tax rates and amount
· Calculate and record appropriate fringe, IRA, medical, HSA other payments and deductions
· Calculate and maintain current data on employee vacation time and other personal options
Employee Records & Human Resources:
· Maintain updated employee files on relevant personal information, hiring, salary, insurance and fringe
· Provide orientation to new employees and establish a profile in system
· Provide for required filing of employment related state and federal reports
· Maintain updated Employee Handbook, and provide updates to employees
· Assess options for employee insurance, and assist in negotiating coverage provisions
· Assist employees in accessing eligibility for ancillary insurance benefits (e.g. disability).
Reports and Audit:
· Maintain financial records and provide reports by program or designated budget area as needed
· Provide updated financial reports to board as requested
· Provide financial reports to staff to assist with budget and program management
· Provide reports to assist staff in completing grant and program reports and solicitations, assist with compiling required financial reports and documentation
· Maintain updated filing status regarding official organizational financial reports
· Provide all requested data to assist contractors in preparing annual independent audit
· Assist with identifying, securing and setting up IT and communications needs of staff and organization. Provide assistance in troubleshooting as needed.
· Responsibility (with support of other staff) for coordination of annual Foundation Fundraiser activities at WFU state convention (e.g. donor solicitation, event logistics)
· Assist Education staff with use of CampDocs data program for Kamp Kenwood registrations
· Seek continuing education in office and or non-profit management systems (Quickbooks or other Intuit applications, for example).
· Enhance professional understanding of cooperatives and farm organizations
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Developing Standards
- Analyzing Information
- Dealing with Complexity
- Reporting Research Results
- Data Entry Skills
- Familiarity with tax law and reporting
- Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated respect for diversity and inclusiveness
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business
- 3 or more years of professional experience working in financial management (business, education or non-profit setting)
- Generous paid time off
- Health insurance and employer contributions towards health savings account
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Flexible work hours
- Friendly and uplifting work environment
- Community focused work
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Wisconsin Farmers Union, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Wisconsin Farmers Union believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Send cover letter, current resume and names of three professional references to: Julie Bomar, Executive Director, Wisconsin Farmers Union, 117 W. Spring Street, Chippewa Falls, WI, 54729. Or email application materials to:email@example.com. For priority consideration, send application materials before October 31, 2018.