Subject: Statewide Local Food Program Manager at NC State
We are pleased to announce. This position will be housed in the Community and Rural Development Program of NC State Extension and will have an office on NC State’s campus in Raleigh, NC.
Please share with all applicable networks.
To apply: The Local Food Program Manager vacancy has been posted on our website and can be viewed at: http://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/107659.
The Extension Local Food Program Manager provides program management and coordination for NC Cooperative Extension’s Local Food Program. Primary responsibilities and expectations are the following:
This position will develop an annual plan of work and proposed budget for the Local Food Program based on needs assessments gathered from agents, advisory groups and internal Extension working groups. This input and prioritization of projects will guide intended outcomes and impacts.
This position will work with other local food leadership groups to build Extension’s statewide capacity in local food systems. This will happen mainly through resource development, managing the local food web portal and online courses, participating/ leading cross disciplinary curriculum and training development teams, co-chairing the Local Food Program Team and delivering training. This work will primarily be accomplished through the efforts of cross disciplinary working teams.
Specifically, this includes:
- Facilitate and manage already developed online, certificate-based professional development training program (Overview of Local Food Systems).
- Curate Local Food web portal.
- Work with CALS Communication in the facilitation of a strategic communication plan for LFP.
- Establish strong training and communication plan for current and incoming Local Food Coordinators.
- Serve as editor as needed of Local Food Extension Publications.
- Co-Chair the Local Food Program Team (with the plan to rotate off after 3-4 years) with an agent co-chair to enhance statewide capacity in local food programming and evaluation.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of face-to-face local food in-service training as needed or as funding allows.
- Coordinate and make connections between specialists across colleges and departments and across Extension program areas, supporting the development of Extension programs and resources across the breadth of the field of local food systems.
- Provide technical assistance to field faculty as relates to Local Food issues through consultation, connections, and program and resource design.
The Program Manager will provide leadership to address the Local Food objectives and goals within the Extension Long Range Plan through working in partnership with Extension accountability colleagues to determine indicators and measures of success for county efforts addressing the Local Food Objectives.
The Program Manager will be a key partner and liaison with the Center for Environmental Farming Systems’ (CEFS) and collaborate with CEFS to engage Extension educators to meet Extension’s Local Food Objectives; network with other state agencies and organizations with related missions; and represent NCCE within North Carolina, in the Southern Region and nationally to advance the work in the field of local food systems. The Program Manager will work on local, state and national grant-funded projects, as appropriate, to bring expertise and innovation to the NCCE local food programs. This position will also serve academic duties as guest lecturer and presenting and publishing, raising local and national awareness about the work of NCCE in the field of Local Food.
Susan Jakes, Ph.D.
Associate State Program Leader, Community and Rural Development,
Extension Assistant Professor
North Carolina Cooperative Extension, CALS, NC State University
NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695
Tel: (919) 515-9161