Stay up to date on who is hiring in food systems work!
In Case You Missed these Job Postings from Aug 3, 2018
Scroll down for more info!
1. United Way Fox Cities
2. Biodynamic Association (BDA)
Weight of the Fox Valley AmeriCorps Program is now accepting applications for AmeriCorps members!!
I am reaching out as a partner in our work to support healthy communities. As you may have heard throughout the last year, Weight of the Fox Valley (WOTFV) has been planning to implement its own AmeriCorps Program to support and create a culture and environment that supports Fox Valley residents to achieve and maintain a healthy weight at every age.
The time has officially come and WOTFV AmeriCorps Program is now seeking AmeriCorps members to serve for a full calendar year (9/1/2018-8/15/2019) at either full time (average 34.5 hours/week) or half time (average 18.5 hours/week) capacity. Members will educate, create, implement, and promote activities and programs regarding physical activity and healthy eating to Fox Valley youth and adults.
WOTFV is recruiting for 12 members (7 full-time and 5 half-time) to serve with 1 of the 10 WOTFV partner organizations. We are hoping that you will help us spread the word about this WOTFV AmeriCorps program and help us find great members to serve a year! Attached is an informational flyer regarding the WOTFV AmeriCorps Program. Feel free to share this with whomever may be interested and post the flyer at your location!
Members will receive a living allowance during their year of service and upon successful completion, an education award to use towards future tuition costs or student loans. Members are also eligible to put their student loans into forbearance. Full-time members are eligible for basic health insurance and childcare subsidizes (if eligible).
Each of the 10 host sites has different member position descriptions and duties to meet their organizations’ specific needs. The list below provides a general overview of each host site’s member opportunities:
- Calumet County Health Department/Ascension Calumet County Hospital: Seeking a full-time member to lead and implement local Farm to School and Farm to Early Care programming and develop and implement Safe Routes to School Programming throughout Calumet County.
- City of Appleton Health Department: Seeking a half-time member who will be creating and delivering health education and community awareness campaigns promoting physical activity and healthy eating to Appleton youth and adults.
- Mosaic Family Health/Fox Valley Family Medicine Residency Program: Seeking a half-time member who will enhance prevention efforts by incorporating lifestyle medicine education with treatment and care.
- Riverview Gardens: Seeking a full-time member who will assist Riverview Gardens in supporting their ServiceWorks program and food sustainability through the Urban Farm.
- SOAR Fox Cities: Seeking two half-time members who will expand services within their Adult and Special Olympics Program to expand services provided related to healthy lifestyles (physical activity and healthy eating).
- ThedaCare: Seeking a full-time member who will enhance prevention efforts by incorporating lifestyle medicine education with treatment and care.
- United Way Fox Cities:Seeking a full-time member to expand education and reach in the Fox Valley related to healthy lifestyles, primarily in the early care, worksite, and community settings.
- UW-Oshkosh Head Start:Seeking a half-time member to develop and implement Farm to Early Care activities throughout the Head Start programs in the Fox Valley.
- Winnebago County Health Department: Seeking a full-time member to support Winnebago County’s youngest residents through encouraging and improving access to physical activity, health eating, and breastfeeding.
- YMCA of the Fox Cities: Seeking two full-time members: One will focus on Workplace and School Wellness, which includes developing and implementing wellness offerings and nutrition education to Fox Valley elementary students; the other will focus on Healthy Lifestyle Programs, which includes coordinating a Diabetes Prevention Program and assisting with the Live Strong and Stay Strong programs.
AmeriCorps is a network of local, state, and national service programs that connects over 80,000 Americans each year in intensive service to meet community needs in education, the environment, public safety, and health. AmeriCorps members serve with more than 2,000 non-profits, public agencies, and community organizations.
For more information, please visit our website www.weightofthefoxvalley.org/americorps or call (920)735-5479 to learn more today!
Thank you for your time!
AmeriCorps Planning Grant Project Manager
United Way Fox Cities; Weight of the Fox Valley
1455 Midway Road
Menasha, WI 54952
920-735-5479 (Direct Line)
608-387-6533 (Cell Phone)
BDA Employment Opportunity: Member Services, Grants Fairy, Conference Registration Assistant, and Inquiry Connector
The Biodynamic Association (BDA) is a participatory, membership-based nonprofit organization that works to nurture the North American biodynamic movement as a diverse, collaborative, and thriving ecosystem. We help thousands of people understand and practice biodynamics, bringing health to the land and vitality to the food system, and build bridges and partnerships to deepen and evolve the movement toward regenerative agriculture and social justice.
The BDA strives to embody biodynamic principles in how we operate as an organization, and we have an agile, living approach to organizing our work. Drawing inspiration from Reinventing Organizations and Holacracy, our organization is structured into self-managing circles made up of a number of roles focused on different needs of the organization. Most people on BDA staff fill multiple roles, and the structure of circles and roles evolves to meet the changing needs and opportunities that the BDA encounters and the developing interests and capacities of staff.
In our current phase of growth, we are seeking a full-time person with strong customer service and organizational skills to join our geographically-distributed staff team in filling several open roles. Please see the full position announcement for a description of these roles, qualifications, how to apply, and other information.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thea Maria Carlson
The Biodynamic Association awakens and enlivens co-creative relationships between humans and the earth, transforming the practice and culture of agriculture to renew the vitality of the earth, the integrity of our food, and the health and wholeness of our communities.